The PRC Group of Companies is a diversified Real Estate Developer and Management Company, located in Monmouth County and is seeking an experienced Purchaser/Estimator for residential and commercial construction projects to join its team.
The PRC Group of Companies has a track record of success and achievement in commercial and residential real estate development and property and construction management. The PRC Group has built a solid record of continuous growth and financial strength spanning nearly 60 years and it continues with an unmatched focus on talent, technology and trustworthiness.
Purchasing/Estimator Position Overview –
Producing detailed estimates from preliminary design through the construction phase. Evaluate drawings and bid specifications to determine project requirements and estimate costs to achieve profitability goals for the company.
Compile and provide information for bids through accurate blueprint review, option review, specifications, and take offs from the contractors. Ensure flow of accurate information during the bid process to the trades, sales and construction. Manage/negotiate vendor rebate program.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management or equivalent experience preferred;
- 1-2 years’ experience estimating commercial/residential mixed use construction projects for a General Contractor (Internships included);
- Estimating software experience preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Practical knowledge of construction methods and application of principles;
- Must be able to review and analyze architectural and engineering plans and preliminary documents;
- Experienced in understanding and writing general and specific scopes of work;
- Detail oriented, organized, adept at managing time and priorities and able to assist with multiple projects within a fast paced schedule;
- Must be experienced with Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, database and Adobe software for advanced internal and external communications, creation of reports, presentations and database maintenance, Yardi experience preferred;
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in a professional office environment dealing with trades, contractors and clients;
Estimating Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing complete quantity take-offs, analysis and estimates for all items in the assigned scope;
- Working with Operations staff to ensure that General Conditions and General Requirement items are properly addressed in the estimate;
- Preparing and assembling bids and proposals for different contract types (Lump Sum, Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP), Cost Plus, etc.);
- Writing general and specific scopes of work;
- Preparing detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost;
- Developing a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient;
- Analyzing existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated;
- Preparing scope requisitions for assigned trades;
- Serving as liaison with subcontractors, design team and clients.
Purchasing Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review specifications and architectural drawings to confirm scope of work, including material and labor requirements;
- Request quotes, analyze pricing and compliance, prepare contracts and process required documentation;
- Interview vendors to obtain product or service information;
- Prepare purchase orders and subcontracts;
- Clearly communicate schedules, risks, vendor conditions to the operations team;
- Maintain vendor contact database and filing system;
- Maintain invite-to-bid, bid awards, preferred and potential vendor documents;
- Responsible for bidding of specification changes and model frame walks including blueprint review and contractor pricing;
- Oversee the RFI process including generating, tracking and RFI Log maintenance;
- Oversee the collection, transmittal and Log maintenance of Shop Drawing and Submittals;
- Other duties as requested by management.
The position offers a commensurate salary and comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, 401k plan with matching contributions, credit union membership and Paid Time Off. If you are seeking a challenging opportunity, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 732-483-7186. All applicants will be treated with strict confidence.
Please visit our website for more information – www.prcgroup.com.
The PRC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.