PRC Management Co., Inc., a well-established real estate company in NJ has a full time position available for a Maintenance Mechanic at our retail / residential facility, in Ewing NJ. The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and care of the complex.
We are looking for an individual that can work compatibly with others and is also capable of working independently. We are seeking a courteous and respectful person who is willing to apply their expertise in apartment maintenance to give our tenants quality service on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate must:
- Work along with a team of maintenance mechanics to ensure the facility is in excellent condition at all times
- Have good organizational skills and has the technical skills to trouble shoot problems and repair them
- Must have interpersonal skills to interact with residents
- Have 1 or more years of hands-on general maintenance experience, such as light carpentry, general electrical, general plumbing, sheetrock and spackle, floor replacement, painting, etc.;
- Handle service work orders, clean and prepare apartments for turnover, keep common areas clean, trash removal, participate in snow and ice removal when necessary, handle emergency repairs in an efficient manner, available for on call rotation;
- Ensure all work is performed in a timely manner with professionalism and quality workmanship;
- Have own tools;
- Be able to lift heavy objects;
- Have own vehicle and valid driver’s license;
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience in apartment maintenance or related field.
This position offers an excellent compensation package and a full line of benefits including health, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance, 401k Plan with matching contribution, credit union membership, paid time off and paid holidays.
All applicants will be treated with strict confidence.
The employer is an equal opportunity employer.