Duties & Responsibilities:
Residential real estate closings
Perform all administrative tasks relating to sales of newly constructed homes from contract preparation through closing including:
- Coordinate with other parties (buyer, seller, Title Company, opposing counsel, lender).
- Take comments about purchase agreement and revise as necessary.
- Arrange for execution of purchase agreement.
- Review purchase agreements for critical dates and contingencies and calendar same
- Prepare all documents
- Conduct closings
- Monitor and maintain various status reports on progress of house construction and sales.
Tenant evictions and collections
- Coordinate with Collections Manager all administrative tasks relating to the summary eviction of residential tenants in default and collection of outstanding accounts from delinquent tenants.
- Monitor and maintain tracking and status reporting for all tenant legal matters.
Maintain checking and escrow accounts (accounting department to reconcile statements)
Prepare monthly expense reports and biweekly time sheets.
Reconcile and code receipts for monthly credit card statements
Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
Must be self-starter with the ability to maintain continual attention to detail and ability to follow through on projects to completion.
Must have high level of interpersonal skills to tactfully and diplomatically interact with buyers, sellers, attorneys, lenders, and municipal offices.
Must have excellent command of the English language for written correspondence.
Must be proficient in use of general office equipment and software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Associates Degree in related field or Paralegal certification.
Minimum of 3 years of prior experience as a legal secretary/paralegal for a real estate company or real estate services of law firm.